Sandford, Lantz Honored With The PPAI Woman Of Achievement Award
July 28, 2014
– Sandford, Lantz Honored With The PPAI Woman Of Achievement Award
PPAI recognized two veteran industry professionals with one of its most prestigious honors, the 2014 PPAI Woman Of Achievement Award, Monday evening at the 10th annual PPAI Women’s Leadership Conference in Denver, Colorado. The award was presented to Jo-an Lantz, MAS, executive vice president at distributor Geiger, and Maribeth Sandford, CAS, CEO of supplier BAG MAKERS, Inc.
Both of this year’s recipients were part of a small group of women responsible for the inception of the PPAI Women’s Leadership Conference 10 years ago.
“This year’s two Woman of Achievement honorees, Jo-an Lantz, MAS, and Maribeth Sandford, CAS, are representative of the caliber of women leaders of our industry,” says Paul Bellantone, CAE, president and CEO of PPAI. “Their work for the advancement of women in the industry, their exemplary leadership and contributions to the entire industry and their community make them role models for all of us.”
Maribeth Sandford, CAS, was presented with her award by nominator Teresa Moisant, MAS, president of Moisant Promotional Products. Moisant lauded Sandford’s rise against the odds to become a highly successful business owner and her willingness to share her expertise with other women. “On the steps at a major hotel in Nashville, she was sharing her wisdom, answering questions and giving me the direction I needed,” Moisant says, recalling an earlier WLC.
Sandford has served on the boards of PPAI and PPEF, and as board liaison to the MAS/CAS Certification Committee. Her service also includes volunteer leadership on the Regional Association Council (RAC) and many committees in capacities leading, mentoring, writing and speaking in support of the industry.
Under Sandford’s leadership, BAG MAKERS is a seven-time winner of the PPAI Supplier Star Award and has won multiple PPAI Suppliers Achievement Awards, in addition to the Geiger Award of Excellence, PeerNet Group Outstanding Supplier Partner Award and Preferred Partner Growth Award and many more service excellence and partnership recognitions from distributors and industry associations. Many natural disaster relief efforts have been the recipients of countless hours of volunteerism and contributions from Sandford and the BAG MAKERS team, directly and through the Red Cross, including Super Storm Sandy, Hurricane Katrina and Mississippi River flooding; the Boy Scouts of America food drive; and numerous food pantries in Illinois and surrounding states.
“To receive this honor from an organization that I respect so much is truly exciting and humbling,” says Sandford. “I am extremely honored to be named a PPAI Woman of Achievement, especially alongside the other talented and accomplished recipients who have made so many important contributions to this industry. I was fortunate to have wonderful women mentor me in my early days as a business owner and to have family members that encouraged me. It means so much to be recognized in an industry that has played a big role in my career and in the growth of BAG MAKERS.”
Bag Makers Hires Amanda Madai As Regional Business Development Manager
July 9, 2014
– BAG MAKERS, Inc., the promotional product industry’s leading imprinted bag supplier, has hired Amanda Madai to be the company’s Regional Business Development Manager for New York.
“Amanda’s customer relationship skills and background in sales and marketing will be an asset to BAG MAKERS,” said Roger Bayness, BAG MAKERS’ Senior Vice President of Sales. “New York is an important market for our company, and Amanda will be dedicated to growing our business with distributors in that area.”
Prior to joining BAG MAKERS, Madai was an Off-Air Marketing and Promotions Coordinator for NBCUniversal Syfy in New York and an East Coast Affiliates Sales and Marketing Coordinator for NBCUniversal in New Jersey. Madai earned a bachelor’s degree in Journalism with an Advertising emphasis from Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Bag Makers Promotes Pete Gleason to Director of Sales Strategy
June 11, 2014
– BAG MAKERS, Inc., the promotional product industry’s leading imprinted bag supplier, has promoted Pete Gleason, MAS, to Director of Sales Strategy. Gleason, previously a Regional Business Development Manager for the company, will take on greater responsibilities related to sales development.
“Pete’s well-known in the promotional products industry for his sales skills, business sense and ability to forge strong partnerships with our distributors,” said Roger Bayness, BAG MAKERS’ senior vice president of sales. “We’re pleased that with this promotion, Pete will play a larger role on our executive leadership team and will work closely with us to help shape the direction of our sales program.”
Gleason brings more than 25 years of industry experience to the role. Prior to joining BAG MAKERS, he worked as a distributor for 14 years and held leadership positions with industry suppliers, offering him valuable perspective from both sides of the supply chain. Gleason also is a long-time industry volunteer, serving as Past President of the New England Promotional Products Association, Chair of the PPAI Awards Committee, and Chair of the PPAI Distributors Committee.
BAG MAKERS INTRODUCES NEW METALLIC INKS FOR FLEXOGRAPHIC IMPRINTS
May 23, 2014
– Bag Makers is pleased to announce that it has added the color Black to 5 sizes of its popular collection of Die Cut Handle Bags. In addition, Orange has been added to our 12W X 15H X 3 size.
“We are so excited to give our customers these extra color options in one of our best-selling collections,” said Maribeth Sandford, CEO. “With the Halloween buying season now underway, end buyers have more choices for their Halloween marketing programs.”
Bag Makers Introduces New Colors to Its Die Cut Bag Collection
May 22, 2014
– Bag Makers, Inc., the promotional product industry’s leading imprinted bag supplier, now offers 71 new metallic ink colors for flexographic imprinting. The new ink collection supplements the company’s standard silver, gold and copper metallic inks.
“We are excited to give our customers a huge new selection of flexographic ink colors to choose from for their printed bag projects,” said Karen Harrison, Vice President of Operations. “The metallic inks offer a fresh, unique look and can be printed on a wide variety of bags, including bags previously not available for flexographic printing, such as black frosted die-cut bags.”
Bag Makers Introduces 4 New Products
Jan 1, 2014
- Bag Makers, Inc., the promotional product industry’s leading imprinted bag supplier, is unveiling four new bag styles for 2014. Bag Makers’ product line is expanding to include the:
Bag Makers Introduces Gusset Imprinting on 4 Popular Collections
Jan 1, 2014
- Bag Makers is very excited to announce that gusset imprinting in now available on 4 of its most popular collections – 9 different bag sizes in all. Organizations can now utilize this new imprinting capability on its Thunder® Totes, Celebration, Therm-O-Tote and Carnival Collections – offering additional branding power to maximize their imprint message’s reach and effectiveness.
Bag Makers Expands Color Selections on 3 Hot Product Collections
Jan 1, 2014
- Bag Makers is pleased to announce that additional colors are now available to two existing customer favorites. The Big & Little Thunder® Totes are now available in gray and yellow and the T-PAC polyester t-shirt style bag is available in yellow.